Isaiah is the CEO of Trellis, an eCommerce digital agency that partners with Magento, BigCommerce, and Shopify. Isaiah started Trellis in 2012 and has served dozens of clients ever since.
In his interview with Tim, he predicts that:
- Only more mature companies will move to headless in the short-term - lots of older systems like ERPs aren't ready for the transition
- Generally, platforms are going to have more and more tools OOTB
- #AdobeCommerce will eventually be100% headless and have multiple microservices
- Shopify is going upmarket, and the space in the middle will be served by BigCommerce
- There will be massive consolidation
- One company won’t solve headless - he's seen some clients choose a headless architecture only to return to their old tech stack
You read the transcription here:
#futureofecommerce #bigcommerce #bigcommercedevelopment #composable #headless
00:00 Future of eCommerce with Isaiah Bollinger
02:12 Who is headless for?
09:00 Adobe and Salesforce are best for enterprise businesses that can invest heavily in eCommerce
11:07 Where is Adobe Commerce going?
16:46 Headless architecture
19:03 Is your tech stack a mess?
40:41 Headless will have a big impact on eCommerce - but it’s not for everyone
42:20 BigCommerce’s space in the market