Aaron is the Director of Competitive Strategy at BigCommerce and has been in the eCommerce space for the past 8 years on the agency side of the business. He's worked with many clients in various industries and verticals and has a genuine interest in all things eCommerce-related.
In his interview with Tim, he gives his take on:
- Adobe - they see the future of eCommerce as composable for the enterprise only
- Shopify - they are following a salesforce model creating their own version of payments, CDPs, headless architectures
- BigCommerce - a much more open platform, letting partners fill in any gaps
- Composable and headless - they aren't in competition with one another
- Europe as the leader of headless innovation
- The Metaverse - there will be an increasing share of commerce transacted on virtual worlds
- The continued impact of privacy laws and prioritizing site security and accessibility
You read the transcription here:
#futureofecommerce #bigcommerce #bigcommercedevelopment #composable #headless
00:00 Future of eCommerce with Aaron Sheehan
04:42 eCommerce and the Metaverse
07:50 "We're living in a weird last season of an HBO show"
08:25 Consolidation is looming
15:29 Web Accessibility
22:07 What's happening to Magento Open Source and Adobe?
29:08 Where Shopify's revenue comes from
34:10 Vertical integration
56:56 What is "composable"?