Curtis is the Head of Strategy at Shero, an eCommerce growth agency focusing on Magento, Adobe Commerce, Shopify, and BigCommerce.
In his interview with Tim, Curtis explains that:
- In 5 years, there won't be much change; if anything, there will be contraction
- In 10 years, companies will focus on tactile feel, reproducing the in-store experience with 3D, VR, AR, etc.
- BigCommerce is bigger than people think it is - they give customers a great toolbox
- On-prem isn't going away any time soon - industries like healthcare need more control
- Headless doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll be faster
- Marketplaces will struggle to take advantage of platforms like Instagram and TikTok
- Your digital footprint matters - how diverse does your company look? Do you have any offset programs? What is the language of your site?
Or you can read the transcription here:
#futureofecommerce #magentodevelopment #adobecommerce #unifiedcommerce
00:00 Future of eCommerce: Curtis Schrum
02:10 Where eComm will be in the next 5 years
05:13 Integrations need to get much more seamless
06:32 Clients Shopify can serve well
08:32 Where Adobe Commerce is going
20:47 The interconnectedness of Magento
29:25 What's going to happen to Magento Open Source?
31:22 A discussion of Mage-OS